We’ve Updated Our Incremental Feature
At Mover, we’re always looking forward.
That’s why we’ve recently made changes to our Incremental Feature! It now operates as a differential transfer; checking the destination directory and comparing it to the source directory and moving what’s different – while mostly applying to Scheduled Transfers, this is also the way our Resume & Rerun functions now work within our app.
How it used to work
Let’s look at how the feature used to work:
Our app would use the log file from the previous transfer to determine what had already been moved from the source. Because the log file would have record of this, files in the destination could be moved or deleted from their directory at your discretion.
How it works now
This is how it works now:
Our app now monitors, during the transfer, the destination and determines what files are in the source that aren’t in the destination and moves them over (this includes both new and changed files).
The consequence of this change is that if you delete or move something from the destination, our app will end up replacing it from the source.
Why we did this
Overall, these changes will make our schedules more reliable and improve our higher level functionality in the future!
- Serving Our Core Customers
- Three Ways to Defend Against Ransomware Like Cryptolocker
- World Backup Day 2016
- Helping Copy and CudaDrive Users Find A New Home
- Making A Cloud Migration Communication Plan
- Thinking About Backups
- Greener Pastures for GreenQloud
- Vital Lessons from the OPM Hack
- Announcing Google Cloud Storage Support
- Moving to Google Photos
- Mover Partners with Dropbox for Business
- Incremental Feature Updated
- Migrating to Google Drive
- Welcoming Bitcasa
- Rescuing Ubuntu One
- Cloud Storage Services Affected by Heartbleed Bug
- New Pricing for 2014
- How to Calculate Total Google Drive for Work Data Storage
- World Backup Day 2014
- Why We Chose Keen IO
- Paying for Cloud Storage is Temporary
- Switching to Cloud Storage
- Cloud Closures Remind Us of the Importance of Backups
- Friday the 13th Service Outage
- 19 Cloud Connectors
- Mover Adds Copy Support
- Data Gravity
- SEC Financial Regulations Rule 17a and the Cloud
- HIPAA Health Regulations in the Cloud
- SFTP Private Key Addition
- Mover Ranked First in Forbes List of Companies to Watch
- Yandex.Disk is Joining Mover
- We're Merging Backup Box Into Mover
- Mover Integrates WebDAV
- Mover and SharePoint
- SmugMug Joins With Mover
- Start Connecting with Egnyte