Helping Copy and CudaDrive Users Find A New Home
Barracuda’s Copy and CudaDrive services are being discontinued on May 1, 2016. This announcement comes as part of Barracuda’s initiatives to focus efforts on strengthening their integration with Microsoft OneDrive for Business and Office 365 to provide enhanced security, management, and backup solutions for Office 365.
Mover will provide a smooth migration path for any Copy and CudaDrive users who would like to migrate to a new provider. At Mover, we process more than 95 million files a day. We’re excited to help transition as many users as possible from Copy and CudaDrive to their new homes, wherever they may be.
Read Barracuda’s official statement here.
A New Hope
Copy was launched in 2013 as a cloud storage service backed by a giant in both security and storage, Barracuda Networks.
Barracuda achieved great strides with its personal Copy product, and launched CudaDrive in August 2015 to provide companies with a tailored cloud file service.
With the overall cost of cloud storage slowly approaching zero, it’s important to consider the services tied directly to where your data lies. What could be a better choice than a cloud storage service integrated seamlessly with a full suite of apps you’ve used for years? Enter Microsoft OneDrive, the cloud storage provider officially recommended by Barracuda for existing CudaDrive and Copy users. Mover has an integration with OneDrive that makes transporting data from Copy or CudaDrive into OneDrive as easy as a few simple clicks.
Collaboration Made Easy
Microsoft has built a great cloud service with OneDrive, integrating it into their familiar Office suite of apps (like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) - as a result, OneDrive and OneDrive for Business are especially powerful tools for collaboration with friends and coworkers alike.
It’s an incredibly easy switch for people coming from local file environments, legacy systems, or business IT environments already using Microsoft applications on a daily basis.
“Mover provides a great solution for customers looking to migrate their data to and from Office 365. We are looking forward to offering our Office 365 productivity suite to CudaDrive and other Mover customers that choose to migrate their data to OneDrive for Business.”
Rob Howard, Director, Office 365 Ecosystems at Microsoft.
- Serving Our Core Customers
- Three Ways to Defend Against Ransomware Like Cryptolocker
- World Backup Day 2016
- Helping Copy and CudaDrive Users Find A New Home
- Making A Cloud Migration Communication Plan
- Thinking About Backups
- Greener Pastures for GreenQloud
- Vital Lessons from the OPM Hack
- Announcing Google Cloud Storage Support
- Moving to Google Photos
- Mover Partners with Dropbox for Business
- Incremental Feature Updated
- Migrating to Google Drive
- Welcoming Bitcasa
- Rescuing Ubuntu One
- Cloud Storage Services Affected by Heartbleed Bug
- New Pricing for 2014
- How to Calculate Total Google Drive for Work Data Storage
- World Backup Day 2014
- Why We Chose Keen IO
- Paying for Cloud Storage is Temporary
- Switching to Cloud Storage
- Cloud Closures Remind Us of the Importance of Backups
- Friday the 13th Service Outage
- 19 Cloud Connectors
- Mover Adds Copy Support
- Data Gravity
- SEC Financial Regulations Rule 17a and the Cloud
- HIPAA Health Regulations in the Cloud
- SFTP Private Key Addition
- Mover Ranked First in Forbes List of Companies to Watch
- Yandex.Disk is Joining Mover
- We're Merging Backup Box Into Mover
- Mover Integrates WebDAV
- Mover and SharePoint
- SmugMug Joins With Mover
- Start Connecting with Egnyte